Cosmetic services are at the forefront of what Dr. Stanley Levenson performs in his dental practice. At Levenson Smile, we understand that patients in and around the Shrewsbury area want to look their absolute best. The smile is the first impression, and a positive one is always desirable. Using some of the most advanced technologies and materials, cosmetic dentists such as Dr. Stanley Levenson can perform amazing transformations on the most imperfect smiles.
Patients who are dealing with problems such as permanent staining, misalignment, breakage, and even unusual shape of the natural teeth can benefit from a treatment known as porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers, sometimes called dental veneers, are thin ceramic shells that are custom-made for patients and bonded over the front of teeth to disguise imperfections. Veneers are extremely popular for a variety of reasons:
- Porcelain veneers are beautiful, made of material that closely resembles natural tooth enamel.
- Porcelain veneers are custom-made specifically for patients to ensure they blend in with the rest of the remaining teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are strong and can offer a layer of protection between biting and chewing forces and the natural tooth structure.
- Porcelain veneers can strategically hide imperfections including spacing between the natural teeth caused by shifting.
- Porcelain veneers are affordable.
- Porcelain veneers are a quick method of repairing the smile as the entire process takes approximately two weeks from start to finish.
During the initial consultation appointment with patients, Dr. Stanley Levenson reviews the advantages porcelain veneers have over alternative solutions such as cosmetic dental bonding and dental crowns and speaks with patients about whether or not they are appropriate candidates for treatment. A full examination with x-rays may be completed to check the health and alignment of the natural teeth. This will help determine if individuals are well suited for the placement of veneers. These individuals must be free from periodontal disease and decay to consider successful placement of veneers.
Patients in and around the Shrewsbury community who want to achieve a beautiful smile are encouraged to contact Dr. Stanley Levenson today to learn about ways of attaining their own “unforgettable smile!”